Monday, October 14, 2019

Great Mysteries!

Yesterday, Sunday, October 13, I spent a good chunk of the day reading. Just reading and hanging out with my dogs. Occasionally snacking. It was a good day. Just the kind of day Mama would have appreciated.

Over the summer, I read the first book by Allen Eskens: The Life We Bury. Oh. My. God. This book was just the kind of mystery Mama would've loved. Multiple plots, and anything but predictable although, I will admit she was a lot better at predicting endings than I am.  She read about 100% more and let's face it, it was her profession to analyze literature.

I am about 3/4 of the way of the first part of the second book - The Shadows We Hide. It is also very good. I will let you know if it lives to the first one. So far, it's off to a great start. Again, with multiple plots and lots of twists and turns.


No comments:

Post a Comment