Thursday, October 17, 2019

She works so hard...remembering Grandmother Moss

Yesterday, I had to go to Winsotn-Salem and co-present a poster session at NCLA with Bradley Baker about our game nights.

I thought about the one letter I have from my grandmother and how proud she was of Mama. Mama often presented at conferences. But not just little poster sessions, like I do. She held breakout sessions and was sometimes the keynote. Grandmother said "She works so hard on all of the programs she's been telling me about, I'm so proud of her." she wrote. I know she would be proud of all I have achieved, too. 

It's always bothered me that no one really thought of Grandmother as having achievements. She was more than a homemaker, and that in itself is a hard job. She was an excellent cook, more than a gardener - she was herself a farmer. In fact, my aunt told me that when Granddaddy was in the war, she still made sure that the cotton crops got put in and harvested during the three-year absence. She was also a seamstress and for her last 18 years on this earth, she was a full-time caregiver to my granddaddy who became an invalid following a number of strokes. I'll never forget her, and the glow of her love never fades.


No comments:

Post a Comment